Total: 8 hrs 10 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 8 hrs
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
While chicken thighs are not as low fat as chicken breasts, they are perfect for the slow cooker, becoming meltingly tender as they cook. Be sure to choose skinless chicken thighs and trim any excess fat before cooking.
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 large leek (white part only, cleaned and sliced)
- 1 8-ounce pack mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 2 medium red potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 large stalk of celery (sliced)
- 1 pound chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Coat bottom and sides of a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place vegetables in the pot.
- Trim chicken thighs of excess fat and cut into pieces.
- Add chicken to the pot, followed by herbs, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!