Total: 6 hrs 15 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 6 hrs
Yield: 4 servings (4 portions)
This easy slow cooker chicken soup is a snap to prepare in the crock pot. The combination of chicken, cubed potatoes, and a variety of vegetables is flavored to perfection with vegetable juice and chicken broth.
A small amount of Dijon mustard and hot pepper sauce jazzes the soup up and adds some heat.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts (or tenders, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 small potatoes (cubed)
- 1 small carrot (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne (or hot pepper sauce)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable juice (V-8 Brand)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (preferably low sodium)
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: fresh chopped parsley or green onion tops
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine the cubed chicken, vegetables, mustard, black and cayenne peppers, and garlic powder in slow cooker; pour vegetable juice and chicken broth over all.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce the setting to low and cook for about 4 to 6 hours longer, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste and add salt, as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!